W2k MASTER and Solaris BIND slave

Rajesh Bandar sunfire2005 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 13:30:00 UTC 2005

Hi all,
Can I run BIND9 DNS as slave for Active Directory domain controllers
master. Can Win2k server transfer zones to BIND9 DNS server which is
running on a Solaris box? I maintain unix servers and we have been
having DNS issues with windows domain controllers. Since I dont have
any control on windows domain controllers I want to run BIND on one of
the solaris boxes and planning to ask the parent server admin to
delegate the Unix server as one of the authoritative server. Domain
controller is the master server and Sun box will be the slave server.
My only worry is will Windows domain controller transfer zones to BIND
DNS running on a solaris box.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.