Server running, but problems exist

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Fri Oct 14 04:22:36 UTC 2005

In article <dimfmj$28ht$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
 Andy Pieters <x_terminat_or_3 at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Hi
> Thanks for that, the fun is in the details ;)
>
> No impovement on the reverse lookup however.
>
> For the record, I want to have the reverse lookup resolve to vlaamse-kern.com
> (not 255.nice-rev.numericable.fr or similar)

You need to get your ISP to delegate the reverse block for your address
range to your server.

If you don't care about how the reverse resolution works on the rest of
the Internet, but just want to do it locally for this one IP, then you
should use

zone "250.168.220.81.in-addr.arpa"

in the named.conf, and in this zone file put (in addition to the usual
SOA and NS records):

@ IN PTR vlaamse-kern.com.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA