dns problem

Massimiliano Balestrieri max at maxb.net
Thu Oct 13 16:34:35 UTC 2005

hello world!

My dns server in the world have wrong ip! It's a big problem!

I have 1 month of experience in this field. so sorry!!!
The problem come from gtld-servers.

If i write

dig dns.company.com @dns3.nic.it (this is my national dns support) -->
respond to go at h.gtld-servers.com ecc...

dig dns.company.com @h.gtld-servers.com

in thoery the perfect response -> go to network solutions
(nsXX.worldnic.com)

in reality tell me this but tell me also a record A with ip 2 years old!!
i do 10-20 query with many dot com. The  gtld-servers don't respond me
NEVER record A. go always to domain authority NSolutions or other.

if i ask to network solutions dns.company.com NSolutions give me the
right IP. So the problem stay in the gtld-servers and the
dns.company.com is unreachable and all domain of my company are in this
moment unreachable.

Why gltd-servers give me old ip? is an attack of old sisadmyn? is
strange no?

today i have registred two new subdomain dns2 and dns3 and i have update
bind. so the problem is resolved but i'm curious.

SORRY FOR LITTLE ENGLISH.
thanks Max