Caching DNS (BIND 9.2.3) Not Resolving a Particular Host.

Deepak Saun deepaksaun at bsnl.in
Fri Oct 14 00:29:50 UTC 2005

Dear Sirs/Maams,
         I am a new user to the list. Hoping for the best cooperation from you.
         My problem is, that my BIND 9.2.3 caching only server is not resolving a particular site (www.kashyapenterprises.com), it is working for all other sites. It doesn't even works for NS, MX, SOA etc. for this domain.
         I tried dig +trace, but it stops right after showing root-server list. But to make the matter confusing, this is it's behaviour for all queries (yahoo, msn and all other popular sites to which it answers correctly and promptly), but it gives result within 40-200 msecs for those very sites if I use normal dig (i.e. dig without +trace).
         It is a SUN box (Sun-Fire-V210) running SunOS 5.8.
         Please guide me.

Thanks & Regards:
Deepak Saun
JTO (Tech)