OT: Fwd: The Root has got an A record

Pete Ehlke pde at rfc822.net
Mon Oct 10 16:28:07 UTC 2005

On Mon Oct 10, 2005 at 17:07:04 +0200, Peter Dambier wrote:
>See with your own eyes:
>
>; <<>> DiG 9.1.3 <<>> -t any . @a.public-root.net

Who cares? This is an internal matter for you people who have decided
that . belongs to you. It doesn't. You've ( once again ) shot yourselves
in the foot. We don't care.

>From: Joe Baptista <baptista at cynikal.net>

Now there's a name that lends credibility to anything it's associated
with.

>To: pr-plan at lair.lionpost.net
>
>Folks - got some bad news.  The Public-Root has aquired an A record - yup
>thats right - an A record.  Which see below.  Have tried to contact Paul
>Scheepers - our absent minded root operator - who now hovers very close to
>criminal conspiracy - to get him to fix this mistake.  Noone is at home at
>the inn.  Not good.  See appened message to Peter Dambier and our
>public-root associates.

If I recall correctly, this is is one of the scenarios that others
predicted would happen to organizations like yours.

>Joe Baptista, Official Public-Root Representative and Lobbyist to the
>United States Congress and Senate / Tel: +1 (202) 517-1593

You forgot "Usenet Kook of the Month" and "fax bomber".