can not stop named

Andy Pieters x_terminat_or_3 at yahoo.fr
Mon Oct 10 12:36:22 UTC 2005

Hi
The service utility is a collection of scripts that starts and stops services.

If the script doesn't work you can do a killall named to stop it.

You might also try using another init script.  As root, go to the /etc/init.d
script and look for a file named "named" do a cp named ~ so that you have a
copy, then paste the attached init file.  This is from a fedora core 3
installation which should be perfectly compatible with red hat.  In the off
case that it doesn't work, you can just copy back the backup you made.

HTH

With kind regards

Andy

--
Registered Linux User Number 379093
Now listening to Mario Piu' & Mauro Picotto - Arabian Pleasure

   amaroK::the Coolest Media Player in the known Universe!

   Cockroaches and socialites are the only things that can
   stay up all night and eat anything.
					    Herb Caen
--
--
Check out these few php utilities that I released

 http://www.vlaamse-kern.com/sas/