DNS "Zone Update" Attack

Stefan Puiu stefan.puiu at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 11:50:45 UTC 2005

Well, I'm far from being an expert on this, but since no one else bothered
to answer... If you want to relieve the load on the external DNS server
machine, you could filter out traffic coming from the offending machines on
your external firewall. This way the traffic won't reach your server.
Also, you could try reporting this issue to the provider which has the
offending ips delegated, assuming that they care about this, of course.
Usually you can find out where to report this kind of problem by querying
for the IP address in the whois database (use the whois command, or some web
interface like www.whois.sc).