3rd tier & 4th tier domains

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Nov 17 20:16:00 UTC 2005

The delegation tree is hierachical. Once you delegate mxx.yyy.com, then
things underneath it, e.g. td3.mxx.yyy.com can only be delegated
*from*that*zone*, not anywhere else. And the converse is also true, if
td3.mxx.yyy.com is delegated from the root zone, then it's incompatible
with an intermediate delegation to mxx.yyy.com.

												- Kevin