SO_BSDCOMPAT MESSAGE

Vahric MUHTARYAN vahric at doruk.net.tr
Wed Nov 16 13:10:03 UTC 2005

Hi Everybody ,

            I installed bind 9.3.1 on fedora core 3 and When I start named
it's giving an message like this  " dns2 kernel: process `named' is using
obsolete setsockopt SO_BSDCOMPAT " I check mailing list and history but I
couldn't find any information for solve it , also on google. Do you have any
idea why this message anonced by kernel ? one time named are stopped , any
relation with this message ?

Thanks
Best Regards

Vahric MUHTARYAN
Sistem Mühendisi/System Engineer
DorukNet
Tel / Phone : +90 212 326 92 00
Fax : +90 212 227 28 11
E-mail : vahric.muhtaryan at doruk.net.tr
http://www.doruk.net.tr
http://www.doruk.net.tr/english.html

Bu e-posta mesajý kiþiye özel olup, gizli bilgiler içeriyor olabilir. Eðer
bu e-posta mesajý size yanlýþlýkla ulaþmýþsa, e-posta mesajýný kullanýcýya
hemen geri gönderiniz ve mesaj kutunuzdan siliniz. Bu e-posta mesajý, hiç
bir þekilde, herhangi bir amaç için çoðaltýlamaz, yayýnlanamaz ve para
karþýlýðý satýlamaz. Yollayýcý, bu e-posta mesajýnýn - virüs koruma
sistemleri ile kontrol ediliyor olsa bile - virüs içermediðini garanti etmez
ve meydana gelebilecek zararlardan doðacak hiçbir sorumluluðu kabul etmez.
The information contained in this message is confidential, intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may be
protected by professional secrecy. You should not copy, disclose or
distribute this information for any purpose.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message or you receive this
mail in error, you should refrain from making any use of the contents and
from opening any attachment. In that case, please notify the sender
immediately and return the message to the sender, then, delete and destroy
all copies.
This e-mail message has been swept by anti-virus systems for the presence of
computer viruses. In doing so, however, we cannot warrant that virus or
other forms of data corruption may not be present and we do not take any
responsibility in any occurrence.