resolv problems

garyarm aspambucket at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 11 16:36:02 UTC 2005

Kevin & Barry;

You are correct and I have a partial work around. I put dns first in
nsswitch.conf and I'm resolving urls correctly. I need to look into why
nis went south by switching webhosts. From what I'm reading, I'm
probably running nis in DNS forwarding mode. I always assumed that
would end up at my DNS server. If I snoop during a wget to yahoo.com, I
can see the http request going to my external webhost which returns
not found.

I need to do some research and my next question may not be in this
group.

I appreciate the help
Gary