2 zone files for one domain?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Nov 9 22:14:19 UTC 2005

Barry Margolin wrote:

>In article <dkp6b0$2cog$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
> Kevin Darcy <kcd at daimlerchrysler.com> wrote:
>

>>Barry Margolin wrote:

>>Right, but be aware that, as *undelegated* subzones, any given resolver
>>will be unable to resolve these unless it is explicitly configured to
>>know about them. This implies defining each one as
>>master/slave/stub/forward on each caching nameserver/resolver that needs
>>resolution of them.
>>

>The OP specifically said that he was going to do this.  See the last
>sentence of his post that I quoted above.

The OP implied that he had only one nameserver serving his clients right
now. My comment was directed more towards a potential future, where he
might want to add more nameservers. Keeping all of those definitions in
sync for all of those zones across multiple nameservers may prove to be
rather challenging...

                                                      - Kevin