DNS problems - what is wrong?

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue Nov 8 08:58:19 UTC 2005

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 11:32:22PM +0900,
 Bernd Plagge <bplagge at choicenet.ne.jp> wrote
 a message of 66 lines which said:

> mainly in Germany but there may be others elsewhere. We are running
> Tinydns.

I have no problem with the domain daadjp.com. I strongly suspect that
the problem you see does not come from TinyDNS (however broken it is)
but from the fact that the domain has only two nameservers, may be
both in the same place (at least in the same AS) so any routing or
firewall problem will probably break the entire domain. (For me, both
nameservers are behind the Interlink router 203.141.143.5.)

Read RFC 2182 for a start.