ignored TTLs?

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Nov 7 15:59:11 UTC 2005

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 10:40:21AM -0500,
 aklist_bind at enigmedia.com <aklist_bind at enigmedia.com> wrote
 a message of 36 lines which said:

> Sorry...the domain is my-gym.com

Your name servers are not synchronized:

% check_soa my-gym.com
ns1.enigmedia.com has serial number 2005032704
ns.enigmedia.com has serial number 2005110701

And they serve different values:

% dig +short @ns.enigmedia.com A my-gym.com
207.158.46.209
% dig +short @ns1.enigmedia.com A my-gym.com
207.158.46.202

Apparently, ns1 was not able to transfer the zone after the
change. Check its logs.

> I did not change the authoritative NS for the domain, just the A
> record, and I thought the glue records referred to NS declaration in
> the domain file itself?

Not really, the glue records are address records (typically, address
= A). But there are none here, so see above for the explanation.