svc to start/stop/restart BIND

Stefan Puiu stefan.puiu at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 13:44:39 UTC 2005

I don't think you want to mix BIND with daemontools - in fact, the
daemontools package is only used by djbware - tinydns, qmail, etc. If you
don't have any of that left, I think you can safely get rid of that (svc is
part of daemontools).
With BIND it depends on where you got the package from and on your platform,
too. Usually you'll have a script in /etc/init.d, like /etc/init.d/named,
and you would use '/etc/init.d/named start' or '/etc/init.d/named stop' for
starting/stopping it.