Complex DNS Resolver Question

Nathan Benson tuxtattoo at gmail.com
Mon May 16 20:34:46 UTC 2005

Barry,

you've understood exactly what i'm trying to do.  the only reason i'm
trying to use forwarders is because i've not found any other way to do
this (except maybe creating *another* "hybrid" zone, which defeats the
entire reason for this project).  if there is a different way to
accomplish the same thing, i am certainly open to suggestions.

the internal and external views are very different.  the external view
basically contains the stripped down DMZ zones, etc.  the internal
view has the entire internal network (which is *much* larger than the
DMZ).

i've even tried combining the two zones and using sortlist to sort
based on the query-source.  this works, but it needs to only send the
first result, otherwise external queries get internal zone returned
after the sorted DMZ address.  not even close to being OK.

thanks again for your time,
nathan