How to find ver in BIND 8.x for NT?

jasolution at yahoo.com jasolution at yahoo.com
Thu May 12 10:52:34 UTC 2005

Danny,

Thank you for taking time to respond. What is odd about my install is
that it does not write the version entry to the NT Event Log. I tried
your suggestion to use "named -g", but that didn't work for me. Your
suggestion did put me down the road of finally finding a command that
did work -- "named -f -v" -- which revealed that I have 8.4.6.

I'm considering an upgrade to 9, which is why I wanted to find my
current version. Am I correct in understanding that v9 does not support
round robin DNS through multiple CNAMEs like v8 does?

Thanks,

Jason