Zone delegation

Barry Finkel b19141 at achilles.ctd.anl.gov
Wed May 4 13:05:57 UTC 2005

"Zachary Fortna" <ZFortna at cxtec.com> wrote:

>I have a zone ad.xyz.com which is hosted by Windows 2003 DNS.  I have
>two bind servers (v9.2.5) which host the xyz.com zone. How do I get two
>BIND servers to forward all requests to ad.xyz.com to the windows 2003
>DNS server?

David Botham has already replied on how to set up the delegation glue
records.  You can, in addition, have your BIND servers be slaves for
the ad.xyz.com subdomain.  That way, your BIND servers will not have
to forward the requests to the AD DNS Servers.  But if you are using
MS multi-master DNS, be sure to read MS KB article 282826.
Barry S. Finkel
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov