named[3373]: exiting (due to assertion failure)

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Tue Mar 29 13:11:09 UTC 2005

>>>>> "BIJU" == BIJU KURIAN <bcisco at gmail.com> writes:

    BIJU> My named is exiting every 30 mins and gives this message in
    BIJU> /var/log/messages...It is my SOA....urgent help need...

If you're not running the current release of BIND9, upgrade. If you're
still getting assertion failures after that, file a bug report. Details
on how to do that are in the documentation. An assertion failure means
the name server has detected an error in internal consistency check.
This is supposed to be something that "cannot happen".