9.3.0 and 9.3.1 blocking durring maint interval

Joshua Coombs jcoombs at gwi.net
Mon Mar 28 20:23:11 UTC 2005

> What "maint intervals"?
>
> I'm running on a Sun SS5:
>
> NetBSD rmkhome 1.5.4_ALPHA NetBSD 1.5.4_ALPHA (RMKHOME) #7: Fri Nov 15
> 10:37:25 MST 2002     rmk at rmkhome:/usr/src/sys/arch/sparc/compile/RMKHOME
> sparc
>
> This box has been tracking BIND 9.x since 9.0.
>
> 15942 root      30    0  5392K 5860K RUN      123:27  0.00%  0.00% named
>
> Grows to the size above and stays at about that size until system is
> rebooted.

Sorry, I've been scolded for abuse of terminology off list as well.  By
'maint interval' I meant cleaning interval.

As far as memory usage, with the cleaning interval set to a non-zero
reasonable value, I see no signs of a memory leak, and am not complaining of
one.  My fault I'm attempting to diagnose is durring the cleaning process,
Bind, even when running threaded stops responding to querries.

Joshua Coombs