We have no root servers and we are not on the internet.

KD5ZMG my00sc00by at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 24 22:48:47 UTC 2005

Mark,

Our network is not accessible to the internet.  You can try and do a lookup if you want.

10.197.3.2  jack.ad.killer-domain.com

This is a private network.  There is a BIND DNS server on my end trying to resolve to a MS DNS server that is only answering if I do:

nslookup 10.197.3.2 10.197.3.2

By the way if you hadn't notice the machine I am trying to resolve is the MS DNS server.

thanks if you can help we really appreciate it.

Mark Andrews <Mark_Andrews at isc.org> wrote:

> I have a BIND server that does a lookup for an in-addr.arpa address, and can'
> t find it. But when I use the ip for the MS DNS server it works. Is there s
> omething I am doing wrong?
>
> thanks for the help.
>
> Mark "Hamzter" C
> kd5zmg

> http://mail.yahoo.com

How do you expect anyone to answer your question unless you
supply some details? As a minimum we would need the address
being looked up. This would allow us to look at whether the
delegations are correct etc.

This is like write "My Ford won't run but my Volvo will. Am
I doing anything wrong?". No one can answer this question in
a meaningful manner.

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC