Bind 9.2.4 zone transfer problem

Frank Saxton NOSPAM at aracnet.com
Mon Mar 21 22:23:57 UTC 2005

I'm having this same problem as discussed serveal months ago but named has
write access to everything!

In my quest for an answer I came across a thread that suggests that this
problem is a bug in 9.2.4.  Obviously, I don't want to spend forever
troubleshooting a problem that can't be fixed (at least not by me).

I am running redhat ES 4.0 and Bind 9.2.4 is the latest that they will
support, apparently.  I'd just as soon not build a newer version from
source unless I absolutely have to.

Anybody know anything about this?  I could really use some on-point advice
(not, oh.... there's a problem in /etc/named.conf).

namedcheckconf/zone says everything is OK and both the master and slave
serve up nslookups just fine.  I've checked *EVERYTHING* that I can think
of that might even remotely cause this

I have debug set to 12 and I have to admit that this does look like a named
write permissions setting problem.  But named owns and has write
permissions to everything below and including /var/named

Help please!  TIA