BIND 9.x caching Performance under heavy loads

Kelsey Cummings kgc at sonic.net
Mon Mar 21 18:57:43 UTC 2005

Steinar, I'm working tracking down a simliar problem where for some
unexplained reason bind 9.3.0 spins the CPU at 100% after weeks of normal
(and perfectly acceptable) operation - the is long after my cache has
stabalized, obviously.

There are graphs of c.ns.sr.sonic.net which is the one that most recently
exhibited the CPU surge - last Friday.

http://stats.sonic.net/public_cricket/grapher.cgi?target=%2Fservers%2Fdns

The only cache relevant  options that are set are the following:

	cleaning-interval 60; //Default?
	max-ncache-ttl 120;

Any recomendations from the list?

--
Kelsey Cummings - kgc at sonic.net           sonic.net, inc.
System Administrator                      2260 Apollo Way