multithreading bind 9.3.1 on solaris 9

Christopher L. Barnard cbar44 at tsg.cbot.com
Wed Mar 16 14:32:55 UTC 2005

I am getting ready to upgrade from 9.3 to 9.3.1 on my Solaris (7,8, and 9)
nameservers.  Under current and previous versions, I explicitly compiled
the code without threading because initally with Bind9 I understood
threading + chrooting + solaris to equal a non-functioning DNS server.
I'm wondering if this is still the case.

| Christopher L. Barnard         O     When I was a boy I was told that |
| cbarnard at tsg.cbot.com         / \    anybody could become president.  |
| (312) 347-4901               O---O   Now I'm beginning to believe it. |
| http://www.cs.uchicago.edu/~cbarnard                --Clarence Darrow |
+----------PGP public key available via finger or PGP keyserver---------+