Antwort: BIND and AD integration

holger.honert at signal-iduna.de holger.honert at signal-iduna.de
Wed Mar 9 10:53:57 UTC 2005

Hi John,
you don't have to worry about the time difference of the documents you
have found. It has nothing changed, regarding BIND and AD. MS is speaking
of ADv1 (w2k) and ADv2(w2k3) and the main
difference is in the maintenance and design of AD itself. you are running
fine with this hints given in the documents, but I would suggest you
running the latest version of bind.

the logging of ddns-updates done by DC or GC (or DHCP-Servers) contains
more information.
this is important if the so called sysadmins or better said AD-Admins
complaining about not registered records in domains and so on .. ;-)

and if you have any influence on AD-Design, please tell them to use an
empty root-domain for administrative reasons.

HTH!

Kind Regards/Freundlichen Gruß

Holger Honert

KOMN-97851