shutting down due to TCP receive error

Clade cdelia at melitacable.com
Mon Mar 7 14:01:07 UTC 2005

Hi,

I work at an ISP. We have two name servers, a primary and a secondary
name server. We also have a caching server. The primary name server
and the caching server sun operate with Solaris 9 and they run BIND
9.2.3 . The secondary name server runs Bind 9.2.2 and Solaris 8.
Lately, I have been noting error messages like

named[135]: [ID 873579 daemon.error] dispatch 41d110: shutting down
due to TCP receive error: connection reset

on all the three servers. Can someone please help? Although the
connection is said to be reset, the name service does not appear to be
effected in any way. On the 2 servers running BIND 9.2.3, BIND is
running in chroot mode where a directory /var/named has been created
and all BIND files and services are operating from with this
directory.

Thank you in advance for any help. It is greatly appreciated.