DNS location information

davesauny at gmail.com davesauny at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 23:09:04 UTC 2005

Not sure im in the right area for this or not, but its an internet
based question!

WHat tim trying to do is build a very basic, small map of the internet
(Servers not websites) approximately 1000 nodes at present.

My problem is as follows..... how the hell do you extract physical
location information from an IP address, i know its possible coz my
statcounter on my website does it, not sure how tho!  is there
location information in the DNS or nameservers which can be accessed?
all i need is country and city/state.

Anyone have any ideas?