Details about Round robin behaviour ??

mathieu.millet at ratp.fr mathieu.millet at ratp.fr
Thu Mar 3 08:09:03 UTC 2005

OK. Wrong term. So my question is : what is the default behaviour of BIND
when you have multiple RRs with the same label, class and type (but not
data) with Bind 9.2.3+ and Bind 9.3.x (Remember I have asked questions about
Round Robin) ? ...

> >	- What is the support status of the option rrset-order (and
> >orderclass) with Bind 9.2.3+ and Bind 9.3.x ?
> >	- What does "rrset-order in more complete." mean (specified in Bind
> >9.3 Changes) ?
> >
> >I have already looked at Bind ARM and DNS&BIND from O'Reilly and I
> >can't find a conclusive answer to these questions (Maybe I didn't
> >understand the answers in these books ;o).
> >
> Instead of asking these speculative questions, why don't you just
> configure what you want to configure and see if those
> versions of BIND
> behave they way you want them to? Sometimes an ounce of real-world
> testing and verification is worth a ton of code description and/or
> explanation...

Sorry, but I'm getting confused with the behaviour of several Bind versions
(I have tested) and I would like to have an answer from a Bind expert. Also,
since I didn't find these informations in documentation and in archives, it
would be a good idea to leave a trace for such questions.

Thanks anyway for your answer.

Sincerely yours,
Mathieu MILLET.