facing problem

Vishwanath T. K. vishytk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 04:55:39 UTC 2005

Hi all,
i am new to the list, and am facing some problem.

my scenario:

FC1 + BIND (9.2.4)

I have registered my domain (tech-solindia.com) and by default the
doamin has ns1.net4domain.com and ns2.net4domain.com as the
authoritative name servers for this domain.

I have setup a separate server running FC1 with bind-9.2.4 to be have
master zone for tech-solindia.com

Problem:
When ever i try to change the nameserver settings for the mentioned
domain to point to my server (dns.tech-solindia.com) it just fails.
The reason given to me by the domain server provider is that since we
are unable to ping to dns.tech-solindia.com the operation if failing.

How do i change the nameserver to point to my nameserver in this case.
Please help me.

my named.conf and the zone file is attached

-- Type: application/octet-stream
-- File: named.conf

-- Type: application/octet-stream
-- File: tech-solindia.com.zone