zone transfer deferred due to quota problem

binaya monday11 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 1 07:43:54 UTC 2005

Dear all,

         During the transfer of zone files from its master, I get the
error message "zone transfer deferred due to quota " and it doesn't
transfer the zone at all.

         Also, in the master, I allowed only few slaves (less than 10)
to transfer , but still the problem persists.

          There is quota limit for the user named in the slave and the
quota configuration is as below:

Disk quotas for user named (uid 25):
Filesystem    blocks       soft       hard     inodes     soft
hard
/dev/sda2     384          0          0         12        0        0

      I am using BIND 9.2.1
   I would be too glad if you let me know where the problem
persists.Also i would be glad if you would let me know how to change
the maximum incoming transfers for the specified zone in the master .

Thanking you
Binaya