Dump entries on the cache server

Venkata Chalapathi N chalapat at india.hp.com
Thu Jun 23 12:10:16 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am running into a problem, in which I resolve the hostname using cache
server, but don't see the particular zone entry in the dump file taken on
the cache server.
I am using bind8.2.2-P5 as a cache server as well as the root server.

The above mentioned problem doesn't exist when I use bind9.2.2 as a root
server. (i.e., Not only I am able to resolve the hostname using cache
server, but also see the corresponding zone entry in the dump file taken on
the cache server.)

Note that the dumps has been taken after resolving the hostname.

Thanks & Regards
---
Venkata Chalapathi N.