managing bind 9.3.1 with SMF on solaris 10?

cartergilmer at yahoo.com cartergilmer at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 21:45:25 UTC 2005

Hello -

I have a clean install of Solaris 10. The base install loaded
bind-9.2.4, which was controllable w/ the SMF commands. Then,  I
downloaded both the precompiled bind-9.3.1 and its source from
sunfreeware.com.  Either way I install the newer version of bind, I
cannot get SMF to recognize it is there.  Of course, the old version of
bind is gone from SMF now, too.  I tried to load SUNWbind from the
Solaris 10 DVD, but that didn't work either.

The installs are completing successfully, and named runs, so I think
this is a problem I'm having with SMF.

Thanks,

Carter