remote rndc broken somehow...

Vinny Abello vinny at tellurian.com
Fri Jun 17 04:06:56 UTC 2005

At 11:51 PM 6/16/2005, Vinny Abello wrote:
>At 07:11 PM 6/16/2005, Mark Andrews wrote:
>
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I have a weird problem that makes no sense from a troubleshooting
> > perspective
> > > .
>
><snip>
>
> >         Your clocks are out of sync.
>
>Thanks Mark! I knew it had to be something stupid. I'll investigate
>that tomorrow. Odd as everything should be synced via NTP, but I have
>been noticing some clocks being slightly off... different problem
>I'll have to look into.
>
>Just out of curiosity, what is the maximum variation in time that is
>allowed where rndc will still work?

Just found that two of my 4 domain controllers weren't syncing to an
NTP source and were about a minute off from the real time. I guess
that would explain why half my machines seemed a minute slow. :-P

I'm sure this will fix it. Thanks again Mark!

Vinny Abello
Network Engineer
Server Management
vinny at tellurian.com
(973)300-9211 x 125
(973)940-6125 (Direct)
PGP Key Fingerprint: 3BC5 9A48 FC78 03D3 82E0  E935 5325 FBCB 0100 977A

http://www.tellurian.com (888)TELLURIAN

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of
fear" -- Mark Twain