2 different nameserver addresses.

robburne at hotmail.com robburne at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 14 14:21:27 UTC 2005

Thanks for the replies. Sorry I should have been more specific.

My site is hosted on my own server running at home. As I do not have
any nameservers associated with my server I have the namesrvers for the
domain that I am hosting pointing to a DNS hosting service. From here I
am forwading to my own IP address.

So at present my domain points to:

NS1.AFRAID.ORG
NS2.AFRAID.ORG

Now what I wanted to know is if I change the 2nd nameserver to another
server that is hosting a backup of my site, will requests to my site be
re-directed to the 2nd nameserver address in the event of my server
being down?

Thanks,

Rob.