How to adjust TTL ?

Sylvan Andrew sylvan_nids at norfolk.nf
Wed Jun 8 23:36:06 UTC 2005

Hello,
 Could somebody please point this newbie in the right direction ?

 Where in named do I configure the TTL for resolved addresses ? For example if I ping www.google.com our DNS server resolves the address and everything is fine. But if I ping www.google.com again say after 2 hours of the first resolution it has to go off and resolve the IP again. Is that normal ? I would prefer for various network reasons it kept the first record it found in it's own table for at least 8 hours. Could somebody please tell me how to achieve this ?

Thanks very much !

Sylvan