FW: Running public Bind Server from behind firewall

John McGowan mcgowan at lynch2.com
Tue Jun 7 14:30:43 UTC 2005

Cranfield, Matthew wrote:

>Try putting 'query-source address * port 53; in your named.conf file.
>It's in the sample file that comes with Fedora, and probably other
>distributions, but is commented out.

Thanks for all the suggestions... My named.conf file is very simple, and
I tried it with and without the query-source address.  The firewall
*should* have all that stuff open... My gut was telling me that it had
something to do with the firewall not mapping the ips properly.

However, was secretly hoping for someone to tell me that I have to turn
on the "run as private ip" switch.

/John