problem with resolving SOME EXTERNAL domains

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue Jun 7 13:48:07 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 02:58:02PM +0200,
 enesz at bih.net.ba <enesz at bih.net.ba> wrote
 a message of 34 lines which said:

> ;; res_nsend to server default -- 195.222.32.10: Connection timed out

I assume that 195.222.32.10 is your recursive name server? You should
test on it (and debug the clients later).

What's the result with the domains which do work?

> P.S I can NOT trace or ping 3 root DNS server,

Yes, it seems the root name servers are not reachable from
195.222.32.10. (ping is a bad test, not all the root name servers are
pinguable, B and D, for instance, you should use dig.)

> althought i CAN do nslookup to them, for example, nslookup then
> server *****.

That's not a proper test.