DNSone opinions

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Jun 2 18:16:49 UTC 2005

At 12:59 PM -0400 2005-06-02, Simon Wong wrote:

>         We actually went through a thorough test plan and they came out on
>  top in every regard -- GUI, performance, easy to use, support, etc.  The
>  DNSOne company had a decent product but not in the same league.  We couldn't
>  buy either of them though because our budget got cut.

	I'd be very curious to know more about the areas in which you
found the Infoblox appliances were inferior.  Cricket Liu (one of the
co-authors of the book _DNS and BIND_) is a senior VP at the company,
and I'm sure that he is working closely with the team to make sure
that they have the best possible product.  I'm confident that any
constructive criticism you could give to them would be appreciated.

>  VitalQIP is overkill and a waste of money and resources.

	On the pure software side of the house, the best products I've
seen are from Nominum.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755