Seek great help for bind 9.2.3 on Sun solaris 8

Stefan Puiu stefan.puiu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 13:38:49 UTC 2005

Well, I know this isn't directly BIND-related, but anyway,=20

you can use the CSW package, they should have BIND 9.3.1 binaries by
now. I think the CSW homepage is http://www.blastwave.org. From there
you can also get the pkg-get script, which will make it much easier
for you to install their packages.

Last time I checked, everything from the CSW* packages would get
installed under /opt/csw, so you should look for named.conf in
/opt/csw/etc. On the other hand, check some Solaris documentation
about how to see which files a package installed, I think it was
pkgchk -v <package>. But hey, I guess it's time to RTFM. 'man find' is
also your friend :).