Seek great help for bind 9.2.3 on Sun solaris 8

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Wed Jun 1 02:38:39 UTC 2005

> Dear All,
>       We wants to install bind 9.2.3 on Solaris 8. We have BIND 8 on same
> server. Now I have remove the old BIND package. When I install new BIND
> package ( downloaded from sun freeware ) BIND 9.2.3 (
> bind-9.2.3-sol8-sparc-local )  on solaris 8 , it installs properly but I
> haven't found named.conf, rndc.cond, root.hint etc
>       What could be problem?  Have I selected wrong package or my
> installation process is incorrect ? Please suggest steps with rndc.
>
>     Waiting for Helping response

	Firstly why are you installing a version that is two maintenance
	releases behind current (9.2.5 / 9.3.1)?

	Secondly you need to create named.conf, rndc.conf etc.
	There is no way we can second guess what your configuration
	requirements are.  rndc-confgen will help with rndc.conf.

	Note this should be all documented.  If it is not documented
	complain the the people creating the package as it is included
	in the source we ship.

	Mark

> Best Regards
> Ganesh BORHADE
>
> Unix-Server-Mgmt-Team,
> 09880537357

> Legal Notice: This electronic mail and its attachments are intended solely
> for the person(s) to whom they are addressed and contain information which
> is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure, except for the
> purpose they are intended to. Dissemination, distribution, or reproduction
> by anyone other than their intended recipients is prohibited and may be
> illegal. If you are not an intended recipient, please immediately inform the
> sender and send him/her back the present e-mail and its attachments and
> destroy any copies which may be in your possession.

Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at isc.org