New RR types?

Stefan Puiu stefan.puiu at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 18:31:19 UTC 2005

> > Yes, 9.3.1 knows that I am interested for (9.2.3 still misses APL). But=
,
> > at least for the moment, the resolver is harder to be used for
> > development than 8.4.x.Or am I wrong?
>=20
> Is there any reason why you can't use the 9.3.1 nsupdate to send
> updates to your 8.4.x named?

Maybe Radu wasn't very clear about what he needed - it's the other way
around, in a way. They have an app that uses libbind 8.4.6 to update
an 9.3.1 BIND server, and res_nmkupdate() in 8.4.6 doesn't accept RRs
with unknown types (like APL is), if I understood correctly.

Does anybody know of some workaround for this?