Creating snapshots and restoring it..

blrmaani blrmaani at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 14:58:15 UTC 2005

Dear All,
  Here is my requirement:

I have a requirement where the contents of the DNS at a given
point of time need to be captured. When a request comes to restore
a particular snapshot, it has to be restored.

"Create multiple snapshots of ( say N ) and restore the requested
snapshot."

One approach I can think of is that run 'dig' command on the named
periodically and get snapshots. When requested to restore a
particular snapshot, use nsupdate on a particular snapshot file
to restore the contents to the named.

What other approaches are implemented as a solution to this
problem?

thanks
Regards

Blr