New RR types?

Stefan Puiu stefan.puiu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 07:31:05 UTC 2005

Radu's talking about the libdns resolver stuff, used internally by
BIND 9. The main difficulty with using that is, as far as I can see,
that you can only use the rendering functions and handle the
communication part yourself (timeouts, retries, TCP fallback), or make
your application follow the BIND 9 task/event model, which you might
not want to do. See the dns_request_createvia() family of functions in
lib/dns/request.c.

I don't think lwres supports DDNS, IIRC it only supports only DNS
lookups. Not sure you can make anything else than A or AAAA queries
with it.