Regarding RCODEs

rajesh.panchikarla at wipro.com rajesh.panchikarla at wipro.com
Tue Jul 19 13:14:52 UTC 2005

Hi,
Is there a way to indicate to a DNS client (recursor) not to send
queries to me(DNS server) temorarily say during an overload condition.
Is reponding with REFUSED/ SERVFAIL ok.What is most approptiate RCODE to
avaiod getting requests temporarily? In other words is there a way to
say "dont query me for some time, ask someone else" ?

Thanks in advance
Rajesh

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin at wipro.com immediately