Logging while chrooted.

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 13 23:53:38 UTC 2005

Just in case (and top-posted too!) you never got the scopp on this, the
log file path setting is specific to the chroot.  So, if chroot'ing
bind, you need the path specified in named.conf to be *local* to the
chroot.  If your named.conf says the log file is /var/blah/named-logs,
and your chroot is /home/named, then the absolute path would be:
/home/named/var/blah/named-logs.

hth, sftp,

-Jim P.