Urgent problem - BIND 9.2.x on Solaris 8 going "brain-dead"

James Noyes jnoyes-bind at retrogeeks.com
Wed Jul 13 05:56:47 UTC 2005

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 07:30:05 +0200,
Karl Auer <kauer at biplane.com.au> wrote:
> Move to 9.3.1?

I'll give that a go.  Is 9.3.1 considered stable enough for production?

> Compile using the internal malloc() compile option?

I'm guessing this is a configure-time option.

> Limit the cache size?

And that this is a run-time option.

I'll give those a try, too.

> Set up a Linux (or BSD or whatever, just not Solaris8) box as a temporary
solution.

Unfortunately, I can't try this without cooperation from the network team to
punch holes in the firewall, so this will have to wait until tomorrow.

But all good suggestions, I'll see how it goes.