how to run BIND 9 on Fedora Core OS

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Tue Jul 12 16:48:37 UTC 2005

narendar reddy wrote:
> i installed bind9 on my system which has Fedora Core. But
> I dont know what to do after installing, i.e.  how to run.
> so send me the details how to run? and what to do after installation?

I'm afraid you'll have to come up with a more specific question.

As shipped by most distributors, BIND will work out-of-the-box as a
caching recursive resolver. Simply start the service (in Fedora you can
use their service(8) and chkconfig(8) tools for this) and point your
/etc/resolv.conf to a single nameserver, 127.0.0.1.

If you want to set up and to manage your own zones, local-only or
globally-accessible, you have a lot to learn. BIND comes with the
_BIND_9_ARM_ documentation which is a good reference, but you'll
probably want to look at some dead-tree books to learn more about DNS to
begin with.
     or "not-spam" is in Subject: header