Bind9 and RNDC

bind9 at mattmartin.co.uk bind9 at mattmartin.co.uk
Mon Jul 11 10:43:15 UTC 2005

Hello.

I've currently got a setup with CentOS 3.5, bind9 and rndc.

Recently, I have an issue where bind (or more importantly, the rndc part
will stop communicating with bind).

This happened again last Friday - I tried everything to work out what the
problem was and resolve it. Strace on the named process gave nothing obvious
away.

After a while, on Saturday - it just started working again. Now, this
morning - its broken again.

When I run /etc/init.d/named stats, it will just sit there at the rndc
stage;

[root at pingu root]# /etc/init.d/named stat
/service/named: up (pid 2248) 778889 seconds
/service/named/log: up (pid 1546) 819536 seconds

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Matt