Getting Serial error

Murat SULUHAN murat.suluhan at ttnet.net.tr
Mon Jul 11 09:26:07 UTC 2005

Hi

My customer's secondary dns server produced errors as below about
replication process with primary dns server. So the replication process of
our reverse records information failed. Secondary dns server hasn't got any
file about xxx.yyy.in-addr.arpa but the configuration file has directive
about the zone

Jul 11 12:27:52 secondary_dns named[1390]: Err/TO getting serial# for
"xxx.yyy.in-addr.arpa"
Jul 11 12:27:52 secondary_dns named-xfer[9538]: [a.b.c.d] not authoritative
for xxx.yyy.in-addr.arpa, SOA query got rcode 0, aa 0, ancount 1, aucount 0

a.b.c.d --> Primary DNS Server.

Primary DNS Server Configuration about xxx.yyy.in-addr.arpa
zone "xxx.yyy.in-addr.arpa"{
        type master;
        file "/var/named/hosts.rev.xxx.yyy";
        };

Secondary DNS Server Configuration about xxx.yyy.in-addr.arpa
zone "xxx.yyy.in-addr.arpa."{
        type slave;
        file "/data/bu/zones/hosts.rev.xxx.yyy";
        masters {a.b.c.d;};
       };

Serial number in hosts.rev.xxx.yyy is 2005061617

How can I solve that problem ?

PS: I have lots of zones and its files, some zones have this problem and
remains not.