Help, BIND9 initialization error on Windows 2000!

Stefan Puiu stefan.puiu at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 08:39:44 UTC 2005

Just my two cents: I've seen an error like this on Windows, and it was
related to upgrading an app, which would remove a service and then
install a replacement (with the same name). Sometimes the old service
couldn't be removed and you'd see something like this when trying to
run the service.

At least that's what I understand from your posts, since you say you
are able to run named from the command line just fine. You can try
getting the srvinstw.exe tool for Windows 2000 (look for it using
google, should be on the MS site), remove the "ISC BIND" service (I
think it has the same name for BIND 8) and then reinstall BIND 9.