accessing domain name behind firewall

Shannon Davis shannon_ at isc.org
Thu Jul 7 01:04:27 UTC 2005

Hi,

Here is my situation...

We are on an adsl connection with a static IP.  I have set up a mail server
on site and I have port forwarded from our router to the mail server.  I
have assigned one of our domain names to our IP and have (A) & (MX) records
set.

What I want to know is how to access the mail server by using the domain
name that I have set up for the outside world, from our private network.

I am running a Win 2k3 server for our finance side of things and e-smith 6
(linux kernel 2.4.x) for our email server.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
--
Shannon Davis